1. Please keep your points earning posts in the Just For Fun forum. If you are posting messages for points, like "free 20 points", "100 points", "Count down from 1,000,0000", "Hi JT", "What's your rank", etc, PLEASE keep your messages in the Just For Fun forum. Likewise, topics which cater to one word responses, or non-discussion topics, should also be posted in the Just For Fun forum. These topics include topics like “Highest Prices in your area”, Lowest Prices in your area”, etc etc.
Message Posted: May 3, 2006 11:53:42 AM
The problem with posting for points in any forum other than Just For Fun, is that it can take away from active discussions, derail topics and otherwise clutter up the forum. In an effort to combat these situations, we respectfully request you make these posts in the Just For Fun forum only.
2. Feel free to attack ideas but please do not attack other posters. This forum is designed to be a discussion and exchange of ideas, so please keep in mind that other people’s ideas may well be different than your own. Please keep it civil.
I can not emphasize this enough - IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A THREAD, OR A POSTER IN IT, PLEASE PRESS THE REPORTABUSE BUTTON. Please do NOT engage in arguments on the forum. Sorting out these problems is what we are here for. Please report the member rather than responding to them.
3. Back up your arguments with facts. Where possible, facts should be supported by a link to a respected Internet source.
4. Please do not post articles in their entirety on the message forum. Please only post a snippet of the article and then post a link to where others can read the rest.
5. Back up your opinions with reasons. If you are going to express an opinion please make sure you explain why you have that opinion.
6. We encourage funny and clever. Please don't take everything so seriously. We’re here to have fun, not argue.
7. Hitler doesn’t post here, so there is no good reason to bring him up, except in a strict historical context. To avoid arguments on the forum, we respectfully request you not use Hitler references.
8. All posts and topics are subject to change or deletion at the moderators’ discretion and without explanation.
9. GasBuddy is a family website. Please, no swearing, or vulgar language of any kind.
10. In an effort to keep political discussions separate from other discussion, please post your messages in theUS Politics forum, or the Canada Politics forum.
11. Please do not advertise on the website.
12. Please do not start topics on Wal-Mart or smoking, because they always turn into 'us vs them' battles. These generally become arguments and we respectfully request you avoid these topics.
13. Please do not bump old, inactive threads. If a topic has been inactive for two months or more, please do not post in it. If you want to post to an older topic, please let Admin know beforehand so we can make a note of it and ask other members not to report you for doing it.
Please note that we have created a number of new forum areas for discussions on a variety of topics: Browse Other forums
[Edited by: GM at 2/17/2010 2:27:16 PM EST]